Youth Mental Health First Aid teaches people how to identify, understand and help a young person aged 11—18 who may be developing a mental health issue. Developed in Australia in 2000 by Mental Health First Aid and now internationally recognised in 23 countries, In the same way as we learn physical first aid, Mental Health First Aid teaches you how to recognise those crucial warning signs of mental ill health.
You will learn how to:
- Spot the early signs of a mental health issue in young people
- Feel confident helping a young person experiencing mental ill health
- Provide help on a first aid basis
- Help protect a young person who might be at risk of harm
- Help prevent a mental health issue from getting worse
- Help a young person recover faster
- Guide a young person towards the right support
- Reduce the stigma of mental health issues.
Course Reference: Y207